Maltiverse is a cloud-based Threat Intelligence Platform offering comprehensive solutions for managing and utilizing threat intelligence lifecycle in your organization. This platform is designed to cater to the dynamic needs of modern cybersecurity landscapes, providing tools for uploading, scoring, and distributing threat intelligence across all your security perimeter.
Key Features of Maltiverse Threat Intelligence Platform #
1. IoC Upload #
Maltiverse enables customers to upload Indicators of Compromise (IoCs) efficiently through two primary methods:
- IoC upload via API: Customers can programmatically upload IoCs to the platform using the Maltiverse API. This method is ideal for automating the upload process and integrating with existing cybersecurity workflows.
- IoC upload via Front End: For manual uploads or smaller datasets, customers can use a user-friendly form available in the platform’s front-end. This method is straightforward and doesn’t require programming knowledge.
2. Scoring Algorithm #
The platform features a rule-based scoring algorithm, a powerful tool for managing the threat intelligence uploaded by customers.
- Rule Creation and Management: Users can create rules with a specific query, name, and description. Each rule can have an optional periodic execution (none, hourly, daily, weekly, monthly), enabling dynamic threat intelligence management.
- Customizable Actions: Rules have an associated action stack that is applied to IoCs matching the query. This allows for tailored responses to different threat types.
- Default Ruleset: Maltiverse provides a default set of rules out of the box, which can be edited to meet specific customer requirements.
- Enable/Disable Selector: Each rule can be easily enabled or disabled, offering flexibility in threat response.
3. Threat Intelligence Feed Creation #
After IoCs are uploaded and processed through the scoring algorithm, users can create custom Threat Intelligence Feeds.
- Feed Customization: Users can save a specific query of indicators as a feed, tailoring it to their specific needs.
- Multiple Format Support: Once created, these feeds can be downloaded in various formats, ensuring compatibility with different tools and platforms.
- Integration with Security Devices: The feeds can be integrated into commercial security devices like firewalls, SIEMs, SOARs, or other threat intelligence platforms.
4. Out of the Box Threat Intelligence Baseline #
Maltiverse aggregates threat intelligence from over 100 different sources, offering a strong baseline of intelligence data.
- Parsed and Curated Data: The data from these sources is parsed, curated, and normalized to ensure reliability and relevance.
- Scored Intelligence: The platform scores this intelligence, providing an actionable and prioritized list of threats.
- Ready-to-Use Feeds: The resulting threat intelligence feeds are available for all customers and can be easily integrated or consumed.
Benefits of Using Maltiverse #
- Efficiency in Threat Management: Automated IoC uploads and scoring algorithms streamline threat management processes.
- Customization and Flexibility: The ability to create custom rules and feeds allows users to tailor the platform to their specific needs.
- Scalability: Cloud-based infrastructure ensures scalability, making Maltiverse suitable for organizations of all sizes.
- Enhanced Security Posture: Access to a wide range of curated and scored threat intelligence data enhances an organization’s security posture.
- Integration Capabilities: Easy integration with existing security infrastructure maximizes the utility of the platform.
Maltiverse’s transformation into a cloud-based Threat Intelligence Platform marks a significant advancement in the field of cybersecurity. With its diverse capabilities, ranging from IoC upload to sophisticated scoring algorithms and feed creation, Maltiverse stands out as a comprehensive solution for modern threat intelligence needs. The platform’s emphasis on customization, efficiency, and integration makes it an invaluable asset for any organization seeking to bolster its cybersecurity defenses.